Note: The information contained in this article is for educational purposes and is not medical advice.
This would not be a holistic website without a page dedicated to the spirit of life. I would simply like to include a few quotes which, after several decades of exploring various religions and spiritual traditions, I feel are meaningful to those seeking health and wholeness.
Here is an excerpt from an article published in the March/April 2004 issue of The Healing Path, a community publication of Fort Collins, CO.
The new 12-Step Program ... if actively embraced in our lives, will minimize the overall stress on our bodies ... It is a template for life. Each of these items individually allows for more positive experiences as we move forward. All of them, collectively, create a personal ethic that will allow us to embrace our spiritual power with minimal wear-and-tear in our bodies and in our life experiences. While each of the 12 items will be discussed below, I recommend you go within your own inner-knowing to determine the specifics of what each item means and how to most effectively integrate each item into your life.
1. Be ... Be fully present in each moment. Be aware in each moment to embrace the fullest potential in each experience. Be whole and complete in all of your interactions. Embrace your beingness consciously and pro-actively.
2. Flow... Flow in the energies of your heart in each moment. This will result in far less effort, far less wear-and-tear on your body and less stress in your life. Flow in the creative dynamics of each interaction and easily flow through each situation you encounter.
3. Listen ... Listen to your inner guidance. Each of us has the inner knowing within, which will always serve us ... but we need to listen to it carefully. Create time in your life to listen to that guidance, for it will always provide you with the smoothest and most gentle pathway in life.
4. Love ... Love yourself and all others unconditionally. Love yourself ... first and foremost... for if you are filled with love, there is so much more love to give to others. Our society and our culture teaches to love others first, which is like pouring water out of an empty pitcher. If you love yoruself unconditionally, that pitcher is always full and will allow you the potential to serve the highest good.
5. Accept... Accept yourself and all others unconditionally. When you totally accept each experience for its perfection, without judgment, suddenly life takes on a completely new perspective. It is the judgment that creates the non-acceptance. When we release the judgment, we can now flow into a completely new peaceful dynamic in life.
6. Allow ... Allow yourself and others their choices. Allow each their life experience, recognizing the perfection of each situation, and facilitating the overall growth for all involved. In this way we can look at life through a perspective that exclusively reflects the positive attributes and allows gratitude for everyone and everything in our lives.
7. Respect/Honor... Respect and honor all for their choices, for the perfection of their experiences that have allowed them to grow to this point. Honor youself and all others in every moment. Honor you body with the proper water intake, healthy food, and adequate sleep. If you provide your body with the proper building blocks, it will repair itself and maintain its health.
8. Embrace Oneness... We are all ONE in consciousness at a higher vibratory level than our physical vibration. We are each reflections of each other. As we embrace our Oneness, there is truly no separation. As we embrace our Oneness, there can be no more wars, no more murders, no more killing... for in truth we are annihilating an aspect of ourselves.
9. Embrace Truth... This means live in your integrity. It means no more ying; even little white lies don't honor you. Rather than lie, don't say anything; this will allow you to stay in your integrity as you move forward in your life.
10. Live Fully... It doesn't pay to only half-do something... throw yourself into the experience of life with gusto. Embrace each moment. Be all you can be. Embrace the fullness of life's experience within every moment, within each interaction, using the totality of your beingness.
11. Laugh... Laughter is the greatest healer. It releases endorphins; it raises your body's energetic frequencies, and shifts you from the fear vibration into the love vibration. It moves the body into a healing mode. Laugh liberally at and with life. From that perspective, life will provide you with wondrous entertainment in each moment.
12. Be All... Be al you can be each moment. Be one with all of creation. Chose to be fully in each moment. Watch your life evolve into a joyous, vibrant, nurturing and satisfying life-experience, now and forevermore.
I'd suggest you joyfully and wholeheartedly embrace this new 12 Step Program into your life and observe your life and yourself evolve into embracing the magnificence and the truth of who you are.
Written by and reprinted by permission of Hank Innerfield. Hank is a gifted healer and nationally-renowned practiotner and certified teacher of Spiritual Response Therapy. www.hankinnerfeld.com email@example.com 303/679-6200
People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies; Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway.
Mother Teresa via Raul Miller
When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." Helen Keller
"Human beings are bodies, minds and spirits. Health necessarily involves all of those components and any program intended to improve health must address all of them." Andrew Weil, M.D. (8 Weeks to Optimum Health)
Source: The Alaska Native Knowledge Network, sponsored by the Alaska Federation of Natives, the University of Alaska, the National Science Foundation, and the Alaska Department of Education.
Website Claimer and Disclaimer: In the holistic healing model, each person is responsible for one's own health and makes one's own choices in healing. The information in this website is provided for your information and education. It is not medical advice. Any application of the information is at your own discretion. If you feel you need to do so, consult with your physician or other knowledgeable health care practitioner before or while making use of this information.
Website Copyright 2004 - 2013
by Jan DeCourtney, CMT